Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Music on the Web

Wow...I had no idea there was so much royalty free music on the Web. I must admit that I have been guilty of downloading the occasional song from not so legit sites. I did not know this was available.

Being an ESL teacher, I have used songs and music very frequently in my teaching. I usually use my own songs that I have acquired throughout my career. For this task, I downloaded a Christmas song "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" which I would definitely use when teaching. I think it is wonderful to introduce different cultures to Western Christmas songs, generally they have their own version so it is great to have them listen and learn the English version.

I think music is a huge part in learning, not only for ESL but in general. There are endless applications for music of all genres and cultures. I will be using this site a lot more when looking for songs to use in my classes.

Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment