Monday, July 27, 2009

My journey so far......

Wow...there is so much that I did not know about technology and how to use it. I honestly thought that I was quite up-to-date with technology and how to use it...but I am already learning there are so many things that I did not know. I had no idea how to even start a blog!! Or that you could follow someones blog and get updates...I feel a bit silly now, it is so easy.

I enjoyed the first module of this course, I enjoyed taking the tests. I found out that my learning style is more prominent as a "Global Learner" which I found interesting, but after reading the description, it was like a write up about me LOL. Global learners really need to understand the big picture before they can really grasp the concept of what they are learning, that is so me!! Sometimes I feel so lost when I have no idea why I am learning something, I really need to be able to connect it to something and see the purpose. During the start of this course, at first, I could not see what this had to do with what I wanted to learn, but after getting into the course more, I have certainly realized how important it is and how much I have yet to learn. I also did the personality test, turns out I am ESTJ (extroverted, sensing, thinking, judging) which basically means that I love to be in control and organise things. Which is very true, I love order and organising things and people and making the hard decisions, the test stated that one of the good career options is teaching, which is great because that is what I want to do. I am also of average Emotional Intelligence...which I think I already knew anyway LOL.

Now moving on to module 3....I can freely admit that I had not really thought about how children of today are totally brought up and educated in a world of technology and that is what they speak. I feel like I am an in between of the digital immigrant and digital native....I took the netiquette test and scored quite well, I think that I am a long time digital immigrant LOL....I know enough to pass as not to have too much of an accent (so to speak) but still trying to drop that last little hint of an accent. I had never really thought much about actually teaching ICT in the classroom today....now that I have, I feel a little nervous about it and wondering if I will ever be able to catch up.

Well that is all for now...I am going to continue on with my e-learning journey and see where it takes me next. I am excited about learning all these new and fun ways to communicate and learn and teach.

Till next time............

No comments:

Post a Comment